28 May, 2016

just an optical illusion!

Inspired by the famous picture "The Brooklyn Bridge" by David Hockney and the wonderful works of Thomas Kellner my girlfriend and I created some photomontages in the wonderful Südstadt of Cologne, where we live.
First it was a little bit tricky to coordinate in which order to photograph the scenes, because we also wanted to create the photo index like one picture. In the past I created two one-picture-photo-index works with Photoshop:
"fotoindex 57", brasil, 2009

Now I used my Minolta SRT 101 with a Soligor S/M 3.9-4.8/28-70 mm Macro MC lens.
I shot different scenes. For every scene I shot one film, therefore one scene consists of +/-36 pictures.The films I used were a Fuji Superia 100, a Fuji C200 and two Fuji Superia 200.


As you can see it is really difficult to shoot in the right way to create a right photo index, but the montages are very cool:

No comments: