17 July, 2009

The unknown camera.

I bought the Revue M35 motordrive on a flea market in Hannover, Germany in 2006.
It's a little fix-/autofocus-camera made in Japan with a built-in motordrive, a built-in flash and a 3.8/34mm-lens. I think the Revue M35 motordrive was built in the early 1980s.


The Revue works very good, but I've got a question:

Who built this camera?

Revue was only a brand of the german Foto-Quelle.
Foto-Quelle didn't build cameras, the firm only sold many cameras which were produced by real camera manufacturers, for example they sold the Zenit 3M as Revueflex.

EDIT 26.07.09:

Today I researched a little bit. I looked up the japanese camera firms which supplied Revue with cameras. The usual suspects are: Chinon, Cosina, Petri and Konica. But without result. Then I searched at Minolta and found the Minolta AF-DL. Okay the cameras aren't equal but almost. Perhaps the Revue M35 motordrive was the fore-runner of the Minolta AF-DL. I don't know, but it could be.

EDIT 15.10.2009:

Yesterday I found in an old brazilian photo-mag ("Fotoptica" Janeiro/Fevereiro 1986 No. 127)
an advertisement from Canon's Snappy 20 and 50.
The flash isn't similar, but the form around the lens is nearly the same like the Revue M35.
Ah the M35 is rearly a strange little camera!;)

EDIT 22.01.2010:
Today I found in a german photographica forum a thread about the unknown Revue. The guy, who have a black Revue M35, thinks that it is possibly a Chinon.

Pictures taken with the Revue M35:

"this is hell ...", germany, 2006

"... sorry to tell", germany, 2006


"dark opera", germany, 2006

No comments: